Class Days and Times
Registration for Faith Formation is taking place for 2023-2024.
1) Registration Form: After downloading, please carefully fill out the registration form. Make sure you select your session preference. Choices include either Sunday AM (10am - 11:1 Sam) or Monday PM (6:15 - 7:30), or the ONLINE OPTION powered by My Catholic Faith Delivered. Please include an email so that we can update you on any schedule changes or events here at the church. Remember, the sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you must have a certain session due to other scheduling issues, be sure to return your forms right away!
2) Fees/Schedule/Calendar: Refer to the registration form for specific fee and schedule details. It is preferred, but not required, that your registration is returned with your fee payment. If you need to make other arrangements, please send in a note with your registration. No child will be denied access to Faith Formation classes for financial reasons.
3) Volunteer Application: Volunteers are needed! We can use help on Sunday mornings and Monday evenings with hall-monitoring, parking lot supervision, classroom and office aides. Please complete the Parent Volunteer Forms and return ASAP. IF YOU HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT VOLUNTEERING, NOW IS THE TIME!
4) Cell Phone Number Required: Our automated texting cell phone system allows me to contact families using one automated text message. We will use this system to notify you of class cancellations or schedule changes.
5) Email Address Required: Communication through email is quick and easy. This will allow me to send out information and weekly reminders to all.
6) Baptismal Information: If your child was not baptized here at St. Mary's, we will need a copy of the certificate from that church.
Please return all completed forms as soon as possible. They may be mailed in or dropped in the collection basket. Sunday classes begin on September 10th and Monday classes begin on September 11th. Families will be notified as soon as possible with their class assignments.
If we run into difficulty putting your child into the session you request, you will receive a phone call or email so you will be aware of any needed adjustments. We at St. Mary's are so looking forward to accompanying you and your children on this journey of faith.
If you have any questions, please contact me via email at email@example.com or call 219-966-2202.
Faith Formation Coordinator
Faith Formation Calendar
OCIC is a process designed for children grade 3 or older who were baptized in Protestant faiths or who have never been baptized, that come to the parish to celebrate First Eucharist. A class of special instructions is offered on Monday evening from 6:15-7:30p.m. to prepare them for the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation and Eucharist. At the Easter Vigil, the candidate, if not baptized is baptized and if already baptized, makes a Profession of Faith and receives the Eucharist.